Leaders drawn from the Ilchamus Community in Baringo county paid a courtesy call to the UDA Party Secretary General Sen.Cleophas Malalah at the Party Headquarters.
Led by the Community Chairperson – Hon. William Ngochila , the Community said their decision to quit opposition and join the UDA Party was informed by President Ruto’s commitment to stem out insecurity in the region and the recognition of the community in projects and govt opportunities.
The SG congratulated the Ilchamus Community for making a bold decision of joining the UDA Party noting that UDA is the home of both minority and majority communities and politics of opposition has been the main reason why the community has lagged behind.
In the meeting, Hon. Dickson Keis (Ilchamus Spokesperson) who vied for Baringo South MP on a Jubilee Party ticket defected to the UDA Party.
The meeting was attended by the following leaders and Party officers among others
1. Mr. Nicodemus Bore- Executive Director.
2. Mr. Brian Mbugua- Deputy ED/Director-Elections.
3. Mr. Rob Jillo-Director- Communications
4. Mr. Samuel Mwangi-Director Membership
5. Miss Grace Gichovi- Director Events.
6. Hon.William Ngochila-Ilchamus Chairperson
7. Hon. Carolyne Lesaaya-MCA
8. Hon. Kipruto Kimosop-MCA Mochongoi and Deputy Speaker.
9. Hon. Nixon Lemlem- MCA Margate Ward